Sunday, May 29, 2011

goodbye.

So much to say but so much to pack! I leave today and am so sad to go. I'm headed to the airport around two this afternoon, and am traveling from Monrovia to Accra, to Atlanta, to DC to Detroit.

Many of my friends were over at the Chapmans last night, and it was great to see everyone one last time. Lots of tears, but lots of laughs, too. I read something I wrote thanking my friends for everything, and I barely got the words out. Tears were streaming down my face before I even stood up to speak, but somehow I sniffled through it!

I have so much more to say about Liberia and will continue to post as my journey continues in the states. Thanks again to everyone who made this trip possible, and thanks again to my Liberian family. You will forever be in my heart.


there's something I want to tell you
that I'm not sure how to say
words are going to fail me
but I wrote this anyway

and I struggled to form the letters
that spelled what's in my heart
cause love's a language that can't be written
but I hope this is a start

you've made my time here special
in a million different ways
and made me feel welcome
from my first to my last days

you've shown me how I want to live
you taught me who God made me to be
I'm sad because I'm going to miss
being part of your family

thanks for all the joy we've shared
and the hard times you've seen me through
thank you all for all you've done
you have no idea how much I'll miss you




1 comment:

  1. this is making me sad even though I'm excited you're coming back!

    ReplyDelete