Wednesday, April 13, 2011

looking forward.

In just a few hours I will be in Harbel telling Alberta's family about her upcoming surgery!

Alberta and her sister, Mariah.

In addition to looking forward to delivering this good news, here's a few other upcoming happenings that I'm excited about!

1. Guess what? I am extending my stay! Right now my return date is May 8th (also my 22nd birthdayyy), but on Thursday I am going to make a trip to the Delta office here in Monrovia to change my ticket to May 29th.

2. Before I hit up the Delta office, I am going to stop at the Ghana Embassy, and look into getting a visa. All Delta flights departing from Monrovia stop in Accra, Ghana, for about an before continuing on to Atlanta. If getting a visa isn't to difficult, I plan to change that one hour layover into a four day layover and explore Accra before leaving West Africa!

3. A few friends here are discussing plans of an upcoming jungle trek. What is a jungle trek you ask? Well, you walk into the jungle...and keep walking until you come out! They think it will take about seven days to do. In high school I went hiking for about a week in the Rocky Mountains and LOVED it. I can only imagine the awesomeness of hiking in the African jungle!

4. Yesterday I submitted a request for a seat on the UN helicopter that flies out on Friday, the 22nd, and returns on Monday, the 25th. If my request goes through, I will be flying to Foya, a city about nine hours away by car, where Samaritan's Purse is doing some amazing work. Joni, who works for SP, recommended that I make sure to check out the adult literacy classes and a fish pond harvest while I'm there. Everyday I hear about all the incredible projects SP is working on, and I'm excited at the opportunity to see them for myself!

2 comments:

  1. Big plans! Good luck! Keep safe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love, and love. about that jungle trek-are there big snakes?

    ReplyDelete