Friday, April 29, 2011

new wardrobe.

While waiting in line for lunch this afternoon, a co-worker told me something I never thought I'd hear:


"You look almost Mennonite today!"

I laughed.

Because it's so hot here, I often wear long skirts instead of pants to the office... and I guess with my blouse tucked in and a skirt past my knees, today I resembled a Mennonite!

For those of you who aren't around me too often, this is particularly funny because there could be no greater contrast than in the wardrobe of a Mennonite and my typical summer look of jean shorts and cowboy boots. When I first arrived in Liberia I felt awkward and almost imposturous dressing a different way. After some time, however, I actually grew to like comfort and lightness of the long flowy skirts! I'm still not sure if I will rock my new look when I go back to the states or not, but I'm thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely gonna rock it, cowgirl ---> hippy

    ReplyDelete